The Newman Center owns a parking lot on Washington Street with many spots available for use. Our parking lot is always available (without a permit) to those attending the Newman Center or Newman events. Also, on Sunday mornings only, Evolve Apartments has graciously offered use of their parking lot on the other side of Washington St (along the railroad tracks) in front of the Newman Center. At any other times, cars from that lot will be towed.
** Regular Parking Permits **
If you need a semester parking permit, they may be purchased in the Newman Center office from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday. To purchase a permit, complete the registration form at the bottom of this page and make your payment through our Vanco e-payments page here (under Payments…Parking). Please add $1 processing fee for online or credit card payments.
Or, you can also download and print out the PDF reservation form here and either bring it or mail it in. If you mail in your form, please include your check (made out to the Newman Center) and your permit will be sent by mail.
Please read the rules and regulations below. Contact email@example.com or call 618-529-3311 for more information.
PARKING PERMIT RULES AND REGULATIONS
- LOCATION: The Newman Catholic Student Center parking lot is located on its North side between the Newman Center and Washington Square, Building B on South Washington Street. The phone number is 618-529-3311.
- Please add $1 processing fee if paying by credit card
- $35.00 per semester (SIU student)
- $50.00 per semester (non-student)
- $30.00 for Summer
- $100.00 per year (August – August)
- $15.00 per week (Temp permit)
- $5.00 per additional sticker (same registrant)
We accept cash and checks. Credit card payments may be made through e-payments page.
Note: There will be NO refunds.
- RULES and REGULATIONS:
- The Newman Center is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to any vehicles parked on our lot.
- Parking in the lot is by permit only. Unauthorized vehicles will be towed by Larry’s Towing, 820 N. Washington, 549-7222. Vehicles with unauthorized permits or improperly displayed permits will be towed at the owners’ expense.
- Permits are non-transferable.
- Permits must be displayed in the lower left corner (driver’s side) of the back window. The Newman Center will not be responsible if you fail or forget to display the permit sticker.
- There are several areas in the Parking Lot that permit parking is not permitted. Please observe these special areas. Your vehicle will be towed at your expense from these areas. In the southwest Corner of the parking lot, there are three spots for the handicapped. Vehicles parked in these spots must have a handicap permit or plates. There are also several spots that are reserved for the Newman staff. Any unauthorized vehicles parked in these areas will be towed.
Fill in the form below and make your payment through our Vanco e-payments page here (under Payments…Parking). Please add $1 processing fee for online and credit card payments.