The Newman Center owns a parking lot on Washington Street with many spots available for use. Our parking lot is always available (without a permit) to those attending the Newman Center or Newman events. We offer permits to those who would like to park their cars in our lot overnight or while attending campus events.
** Regular Parking Permits **
If you need a parking permit, they may be purchased in the Newman Center office from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Thursday. To purchase a permit, complete the registration form below and make your payment through our Vanco e-payments page here (under Payments…Parking). Please add $1 processing fee for online or credit card payments.
Or, you can download and print out the PDF reservation form here and either bring it or mail it in. If you mail in your form, please include your check (made out to the Newman Center) and your permit will be sent by mail.
Please read the rules and regulations at the bottom of this page. Contact email@example.com or call 618-529-3311 for more information or if you have any questions.
PARKING PERMIT RULES AND REGULATIONS
- LOCATION: The Newman Catholic Student Center parking lot is located on its North side between the Newman Center and Washington Square, Building B on South Washington Street. The phone number is 618-529-3311.
- Please add $1 processing fee if paying by credit card
- $40.00 per year for 2-Hour Pass
- $35.00 per semester (SIU student)
- $50.00 per semester (non-student)
- $30.00 for Summer
- $40.00 for annual two-hour pass
- $100.00 per year (August – August)
- $15.00 per week (Temp permit)
- $5.00 per additional sticker (same registrant)
We accept cash and checks. Credit card payments may be made through e-payments page.
Note: There will be NO refunds.
- RULES and REGULATIONS:
- The Newman Center is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to any vehicles parked on our lot.
- Parking in the lot is by permit only. Unauthorized vehicles will be towed by Larry’s Towing, 820 N. Washington, 549-7222. Vehicles with unauthorized permits or improperly displayed permits will be towed at the owners’ expense.
- Permits are non-transferable.
- Permits must be displayed in the lower left corner (driver’s side) of the back window. The Newman Center will not be responsible if you fail or forget to display the permit sticker.
- There are several areas in the Parking Lot that permit parking is not permitted. Please observe these special areas. Your vehicle will be towed at your expense from these areas. In the southwest Corner of the parking lot, there are three spots for the handicapped. Vehicles parked in these spots must have a handicap permit or plates. There are also several spots that are reserved for the Newman staff. Any unauthorized vehicles parked in these areas will be towed.