Health and Safety Guidelines for the Sacrament of Reconciliation
• Penitents must wear face masks or facial coverings the entire time they are in the church, including during confession (those with breathing difficulties can be exempted from this requirement).
• The priest also will wear a mask for the entire time he is hearing confessions.
• All penitents will arrive through the front or handicapped (side) door and be directed to sit in the main worship space at least six feet apart from all others. Please do not enter through the kitchen door.
• The traditional confessional will not be used. Confessions will be heard in the Annex space, with an option for either face-to-face (with distance) or anonymously behind a divider.
• After confession the priest will require that penance be fulfilled outside the church. Penitent are not permitted to remain in the church after their confessions are heard.